Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Meditation


Have you ever tried meditation? Do you know that even 20 minutes per day can have major impacts on our lives in just 2 weeks? How many of its benefits do you know?




Probably most of you think that meditation is something difficult, complicated or even boring. The truth is that it’s quite simple and can be done almost everywhere. As about the boring part, there are millions of meditation techniques, you just need to find those that suit you best. If you want you can use some candles (scented ones are the best), burn some incense sticks, listen to relaxing music or even use a tabletop fountain (the sound of falling water is very relaxing)!


But why meditate? What do we have to gain from meditation? Many researches have been done on meditation and the results are fascinating! Science confirms that meditation keeps us healthy, helps prevent multiple diseases, lessens worry, anxiety & impulsivity, makes us more relaxed & happier, increases memory retention & focus, and improves our performance in any task, physical or mental! The most important is a research by a group of Harvard neuroscientists, which shows that the concentration of grey matter increases in areas of the brain involved in Learning & Memory, regulating emotions, sense of self, and having perspective.


I remember when I started meditation 2-3 years ago, I was meditating for an hour three times a week. In less than 2 weeks, I was a completely different person! I became more open-minded, suddenly I could see a much bigger picture of problems that were bothering me. Furthermore I felt more relaxed, my memory and focus increased and even sleeping was more relaxing. I can talk for hours on how meditation affected my life, but you can’t even imagine until you try it yourselves!


Unfortunately, after some time I became really busy and forgot completely about meditation. I wish I hadn’t stopped, because this last year has been very stressful and full of anxiety. But now that the finals are over, I have much more free time thus yesterday I started meditating again. For beginners even 5 minutes are perfect, but try adding 2-3 minutes every time until you reach at least 20 minutes per day. I would write you how to meditate but in fear of forgetting anything important I will just share this amazing article on how to meditate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment